Tran Times


"I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Review: "Seasons of a Mother's Heart" by Sally Clarkson

In this book, Mrs. Clarkson shares great spiritual insight, personal stories that reveal the different seasons in her life, and truths she learns as she seeks to honor the Lord through homeschooling her children. 
God used this book to greatly encourage me in one of the roles He has blessed with, a homeschooling mom.  It shows our complete dependence on God as we strive to honor Him in how we teach and raise our little blessings.

Here are several quotes from the book:

“When I spend time beside the restful waters with my Lord, it is not just because I selfishly need to be refreshed.  Rather, it is because my children need to be refreshed, and my husband, and my neighbors, and my friends, and the world.  I am here to live, not for myself, but for Jesus.  He is the living water who wants to live in me and let his life flow through me.”  Page 45

  I want to be a channel of God’s grace so that when they are with me they are being touched in some small way by the eternal.  ..I can shine with God’s glory within my family.”  Page 45

“God will be real to them only if he is real to me.”  Page 58

1 comment:

  1. Such a good book! I'm so thankful that you got it for me! I was actually going to post about one section of this book, too. Hopefully, soon...

    ReplyDelete