Tran Times


"I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chapter 1 "Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands" by Paul Tripp

I hope to be able to write out a few things I learn from each chapter as I read them.  It helps me remember and solidify what it is I've read.  So far, this book has been such an awakening and an encouragement!

Chapter 1, page 6
“God’s ultimate goal is his own glory.  Christ came to restore people to the purpose they were made for: to live every aspect of their lives in worshipful, obedient submission to him.  He accomplishes this by breathing life into dead hearts so that we grasp our need for him.”

Page 9

“We must never offer a message that is less than the good news.  We don’t offer people a system; we point them to a Redeemer.  He is hope.”

What I learned:
Though I practically underlined half of this chapter, this is some of what I came away with.  What is fundamentally wrong with us and makes us incapable to ever do the right thing is sin.  Often, we try to treat our mere symptoms, but what we need is a heart change that only One can do.  We need the ONE who offers hope through redemption, Jesus Christ.  Therefore, we must always present the good news of the King who came to redeem us and make lasting change.

No comments:

Post a Comment