Tran Times


"I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm RICH!!!....in CHRIST

As I was correcting some behavior of my children recently, I realized that I too struggle with the very same attitude that they (my wonderful kiddies) were showing...that I was supposed to be correcting.

The kids and I were sitting down having our daily afternoon chat, and all I was hearing from them that day were a list of things they still yet to have.  I couldn’t believe my ears!  I told them to look around at all that they DO have.  They have much!!! 

Soon after talking with them, God in His kindness reminded me that I am totally just like them.  I find reasons to complain, not be content, and always looking for more. 

The Lord brought me to a passage in Psalm 103:1-5

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
3 Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
4 Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
5 Who satisfies your [a]years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

He reminded me NOT to forget all of His benefits that I now have in Christ. 

1.       I am forgiven

2.      My health is in His hands

3.      Redeemed from hell

4.      Loved and recipient of His compassion

5.      Satisfies my physical body with good things

Indeed I am rich…in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment