Tran Times


"I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Heavenly Father

"The LORD is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but (F)He will by no means clear the guilty, (G)visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generations."  Numbers 14:18

I was reminded and then encouraged by this verse.  As I look at my own life and as I witness the lives of others, I am grateful for my heavenly Father's patient dealings with me/us.  He truly does not give us what we deserve, instead His great and abundant love compels Him to forgive our sins.  And yet, He is righteous when His holiness and hatred for sin compels Him to be just and discipline His children for their own good.

We have a righteous, patient, loving, just, and holy God.  It only makes sense to trust Him and abide in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Amen.... praise God for His unwavering faithfulness. It's so wonderful that we can could on Him to be the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow! luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patient and loving yet perfectly just. Truly there is none like Him!

    ReplyDelete